Icon Resin Infiltration
Icon Resin Infiltration is a minimally invasive restorative treatment used in dentistry to treat early tooth decay and white spot lesions, without the need for drilling or anesthesia. White spot lesions can occur for a variety of reasons, including fluorosis (exposure to too much fluoride), decalcification, or after orthodontic treatment. The Icon Resin Infiltration system, developed by DMG, is designed to infiltrate the enamel and fill these lesions, thereby stabilizing the demineralized enamel without the removal of healthy tooth structure. The process works by using a series of solutions that prepare the tooth enamel and allow it to take up the resin. First, the tooth surface is cleaned and then treated with a solution that opens up the pores of the enamel. After that, the resin is applied. It penetrates the enamel and fills the lesion. Finally, the resin is cured (hardened) using a special light. The result is a surface that is more resistant to acid and decay, and an improved cosmetic appearance as the resin matches the natural color of the rest of the tooth. It's a great option for patients who have early signs of tooth decay or who want to improve the appearance of white spots on their teeth.
The benefits of Icon Resin Infiltration
Searching for "Icon Resin Infiltration near me"? Look no further. Happy Smiles Dental Clinic in New Hyde Park, NY, led by our experienced dentist Dr. Diana Gerov, offers this cutting-edge dental treatment to help restore the aesthetics of your teeth and halt early decay. There are several advantages to choosing Icon Resin Infiltration.
- First and foremost, it's a minimally invasive treatment. Unlike traditional fillings, Icon Resin Infiltration does not require drilling or removal of healthy tooth structure. This makes it a more comfortable experience, often completed without the need for local anesthesia.
- Secondly, the Icon Resin Infiltration treatment not only aesthetically enhances your teeth by removing white spots and discolouration, but also helps in arresting the progression of early decay. The resin used in the process infiltrates the enamel, filling the lesion, and making the tooth surface more resistant to further acid and decay.
- Lastly, the treatment delivers immediate and long-lasting results. In just one visit to our clinic, you can notice a significant improvement in the appearance of your teeth. The resin used matches the natural color of your teeth, providing a seamless, natural-looking result. At Happy Smiles Dental Clinic in New Hyde Park, NY, Dr. Diana Gerov and our professional team are committed to providing the highest quality dental care, including the innovative Icon Resin Infiltration treatment. We are here to help you achieve a healthy and confident smile.
When should I choose Icon Resin Infiltration in NY?
If you're considering Icon Resin Infiltration in NY, Happy Smiles Dental Clinic in New Hyde Park is an excellent choice. We're equipped to provide this innovative treatment, which offers many benefits for patients facing certain dental conditions. Icon Resin Infiltration is a superior choice for those dealing with the early stages of tooth decay, notably white spot lesions, before they evolve into full-blown cavities. By using this technique, we're able to stop decay in its tracks, preserving your natural tooth structure without the need for drilling. This treatment is also an optimal solution for individuals who have white spots or discoloration on their teeth due to decalcification, often resulting from braces or overexposure to fluoride. Icon Resin Infiltration can efficiently eliminate these white spots, enhancing the aesthetics of your smile without invasive procedures. Moreover, Icon Resin Infiltration is a fantastic choice for patients keen on minimally invasive treatments. This method doesn't involve the removal of healthy tooth material or necessitate anesthesia, ensuring a comfortable, stress-free experience. At Happy Smiles Dental Clinic in New Hyde Park, NY, our team is proficient in administering Icon Resin Infiltration treatment. If you're weighing this treatment as an option, our experienced professionals will gladly provide additional information and guidance to help you make the best decision for your oral health.
Available DoctorsMake An Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Right Age to Start Visit the Dentist?
According to The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), children should receive their first dental checkup between six months and one year of age. This will allow your dentist to confirm the healthy development of your child’s baby teeth. From this point on, regular checkups once every six months should be the norm unless your dentist recommends otherwise.
How do I schedule my next checkup?
Simply click the book an appointment button on your screen to schedule an appointment at your convenience! Our front desk staff will be happy to hear from you. Please let us know if you are a new patient and we will work with you to make sure that your first appointment goes smoothly and comfortably!
What is gum disease?
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is one of the most common dental problems—and also one of the most easily treated and avoided. Caused by plaque and bacteria buildup, gum disease can be further aggravated by tobacco use, teeth grinding, and certain medications. Gingivitis is the beginning stage of gum disease, and, if detected, is treatable. Left untreated, however, gum disease can lead to tooth and bone loss. Here are a few common symptoms of gum disease:
- Red, irritated, bleeding, or swollen gums
- Chronic bad breath
- Loose teeth, or loss of teeth
- Extreme tooth sensitivity
- Receding gum line
- Abscessed teeth
What is a cavity?
A cavity is a small hole inside of a tooth caused by tooth decay. Tooth decay is generally caused when plaque builds up outside the tooth and combines with sugar and starches in food ad drinks. This produces an acid that destroys tooth enamel and makes tooth decay possible. Left untreated, cavities can cause serious oral health problems—not to mention quite a deal of pain! The best way to prevent cavities is by regular brushing, flossing, and dental checkups.
What are the Secrets to Good Oral Health?
- Brush your teeth a minimum of two times per day.
- Just as importantly, floss at least once!
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride in order to help prevent cavities.
- Avoid foods with a lot of sugar, as sugar increases the amount bacteria in your mouth.
- Avoid tobacco, as it stains your teeth and greatly increases your risk for oral cancer.
- Brush your tongue in order to remove food particles, reduce bacteria, and keep your breath smelling fresh.
- Change your toothbrush every three months.
- Schedule a routine checkup with your dentist every six months, even if your teeth feel fine!
How often should I see the dentist?
As mentioned above, the general consensus (which is also promoted by the American Dental Association) states that most adults and children should visit the dentist twice per year—roughly once every six months. However, it is important to remember that patients who are at a greater risk for oral cancer or gum disease may need to visit the dentist more often. The only way to be certain about your individual needs is to speak with a dentist.
How Can I Find the Right Dentist for Me and My Family?
Choosing a dentist is a personal decision that should be made based upon your dental needs, as well as your personal values. Here are a few of the reasons we believe that Digital Dental Arts is the best choice for our patients.
- Convenient scheduling options.
- Central location right off the Union Turnpike in Queens.
- State-of- the-Art facility.
- Special attention to making our patients feel comfortable.
- Attention to preventative care and the development of good dental habits.
- Straightforward payment process and willingness to work with insurance companies.
Why visit the dentist?
The general medical consensus affirms that the average patient should see the dentist roughly once every six months. Unfortunately, many people do not take this seriously because they do not understand the importance of dental checkups. Here are a few reasons why visiting the dentist is important.
- Defends against tooth decay
- Lowers your risk of chronic bad breath.
- Protects against gum disease, (known professionally as Periodontal Disease.)
- Lowers your risk of tooth and bone loss
- Eliminate the stains that develop inevitably due to food, drinks, and tobacco
- Strengthens your teeth, which can improve the quality of your life for years to come.
- Helps you look and feel your best, knowing that you have a healthier and more attractive smile!
Do I still Need Regular Dental Checkups if I have Braces?
Absolutely! Although you may be seeing your orthodontist regularly, it is still very important that you see your dentist regularly. In fact, it is especially important that you receive regular cleaning, as braces can trap food and particles in a manner that is difficult for regular brushing to remove. This can increase your risk of many oral conditions. Dental checkups will allow your dentist to work closely with your orthodontist to make sure that your mouth stays clean and healthy while wearing braces.
What is a filling?
As the name suggests, fillings are used to fill cavities after they have been treated. Here are a few important facts about fillings that all patients should know:
- Receiving a filling is generally painless due to anesthetics.
- Fillings are made from specially chosen materials designed to be safe and comfortable.
- If you think you might need a filling, contact your dentist as soon as possible.