Professional teeth whitening for the best and safest results.
As much as we love the look of a brilliant white smile that radiates good health, there are undoubtedly many factors that contribute to its discoloration over time. Tannin-rich beverages such as coffee, tea, and red wine are a mainstay for many adults, but are notorious culprits for the cumulative yellowing of teeth. Tobacco use and improper oral care are additional factors that contribute to yellowing over time.
At Happy Smiles Dental, we offer the Zoom! system of chairside teeth whitening, a proven safe and effective method for immediate change. In only a little over an hour, Dr. Gerov can whiten your teeth by up to 8 shades lighter. With Zoom!, a whitening gel is applied to the teeth, and then a specially-designed light is applied to them, which activates the gel and gently breaks down tough stains while effectively whitening.
The effect of teeth whitening is immediate. Not only will you walk out of our office that day with a bright, glistening smile, you will soon find yourself smiling more brightly and more often than ever before as you begin to take pride in your smile as beautiful, compliment-worthy facial feature.
What Zoom! teeth whitening can do for your smile
Your smile is the way you greet the world. While you have many options for whitening your teeth, your dental professional is the best resource for whitening treatments. Only dental professionals have access to the most powerful, professional-strength whitening and can ensure your treatment is safe and your results are outstanding. Zoom is the number one patient requested professional teeth whitening brand. Professional teeth whitening with Philips Zoom is safe, pain-free, affordable and used by over 10 million people.
Available DoctorsMake An Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I still Need Regular Dental Checkups if I have Braces?
Absolutely! Although you may be seeing your orthodontist regularly, it is still very important that you see your dentist regularly. In fact, it is especially important that you receive regular cleaning, as braces can trap food and particles in a manner that is difficult for regular brushing to remove. This can increase your risk of many oral conditions. Dental checkups will allow your dentist to work closely with your orthodontist to make sure that your mouth stays clean and healthy while wearing braces.
What are the Secrets to Good Oral Health?
- Brush your teeth a minimum of two times per day.
- Just as importantly, floss at least once!
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride in order to help prevent cavities.
- Avoid foods with a lot of sugar, as sugar increases the amount bacteria in your mouth.
- Avoid tobacco, as it stains your teeth and greatly increases your risk for oral cancer.
- Brush your tongue in order to remove food particles, reduce bacteria, and keep your breath smelling fresh.
- Change your toothbrush every three months.
- Schedule a routine checkup with your dentist every six months, even if your teeth feel fine!
What is a filling?
As the name suggests, fillings are used to fill cavities after they have been treated. Here are a few important facts about fillings that all patients should know:
- Receiving a filling is generally painless due to anesthetics.
- Fillings are made from specially chosen materials designed to be safe and comfortable.
- If you think you might need a filling, contact your dentist as soon as possible.
Why visit the dentist?
The general medical consensus affirms that the average patient should see the dentist roughly once every six months. Unfortunately, many people do not take this seriously because they do not understand the importance of dental checkups. Here are a few reasons why visiting the dentist is important.
- Defends against tooth decay
- Lowers your risk of chronic bad breath.
- Protects against gum disease, (known professionally as Periodontal Disease.)
- Lowers your risk of tooth and bone loss
- Eliminate the stains that develop inevitably due to food, drinks, and tobacco
- Strengthens your teeth, which can improve the quality of your life for years to come.
- Helps you look and feel your best, knowing that you have a healthier and more attractive smile!
How do I schedule my next checkup?
Simply click the book an appointment button on your screen to schedule an appointment at your convenience! Our front desk staff will be happy to hear from you. Please let us know if you are a new patient and we will work with you to make sure that your first appointment goes smoothly and comfortably!
What is gum disease?
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is one of the most common dental problems—and also one of the most easily treated and avoided. Caused by plaque and bacteria buildup, gum disease can be further aggravated by tobacco use, teeth grinding, and certain medications. Gingivitis is the beginning stage of gum disease, and, if detected, is treatable. Left untreated, however, gum disease can lead to tooth and bone loss. Here are a few common symptoms of gum disease:
- Red, irritated, bleeding, or swollen gums
- Chronic bad breath
- Loose teeth, or loss of teeth
- Extreme tooth sensitivity
- Receding gum line
- Abscessed teeth
How often should I see the dentist?
As mentioned above, the general consensus (which is also promoted by the American Dental Association) states that most adults and children should visit the dentist twice per year—roughly once every six months. However, it is important to remember that patients who are at a greater risk for oral cancer or gum disease may need to visit the dentist more often. The only way to be certain about your individual needs is to speak with a dentist.
What is a cavity?
A cavity is a small hole inside of a tooth caused by tooth decay. Tooth decay is generally caused when plaque builds up outside the tooth and combines with sugar and starches in food ad drinks. This produces an acid that destroys tooth enamel and makes tooth decay possible. Left untreated, cavities can cause serious oral health problems—not to mention quite a deal of pain! The best way to prevent cavities is by regular brushing, flossing, and dental checkups.
How Can I Find the Right Dentist for Me and My Family?
Choosing a dentist is a personal decision that should be made based upon your dental needs, as well as your personal values. Here are a few of the reasons we believe that Digital Dental Arts is the best choice for our patients.
- Convenient scheduling options.
- Central location right off the Union Turnpike in Queens.
- State-of- the-Art facility.
- Special attention to making our patients feel comfortable.
- Attention to preventative care and the development of good dental habits.
- Straightforward payment process and willingness to work with insurance companies.
What is the Right Age to Start Visit the Dentist?
According to The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), children should receive their first dental checkup between six months and one year of age. This will allow your dentist to confirm the healthy development of your child’s baby teeth. From this point on, regular checkups once every six months should be the norm unless your dentist recommends otherwise.